Revealed: The food items that homesick Brit expats are having shipped across the globe… and it’s baked beans, crumpets and squash that are among the favourites
- Brits in Australia are rushing to cram their cupboards with Heinz baked beans and Aptamil baby milk
- In the U.S, Heinz baked beans and Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash are both very popular with Brits
- While in Spain Warburtons crumpets and McVities ginger nuts are among the most-craved items
Baked beans, crumpets and squash are among the top items homesick British expats are getting shipped across the globe.
New data has revealed that Brits abroad are enjoying a taste of home by having a string of traditional foods sent to them, with cheese and onion crisps, squash and Bisto gravy granules also common shelf fillers.
Scampi Fries, Frazzles and tomato soup also emerged among a list of goods those who have left UK shores cannot live without and an interactive map shows the top items being shipped to 10 countries across the globe.
Crumpets are among the top foods that British expats living abroad are having shipped around the globe, new figures have shown
THE MOST POPULAR BRITISH EXPAT ORDERS IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS
1. Heinz Baked Beans in tomato Sauce – 5,870
2. Warburtons Crumpets 6 pack – 3,454
3. Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash – 2,720
4. McVities Jaffa Cakes 10 pack – 2,645
5. Robinsons Orange Squash – 2,614
6. Milupa Aptamil Follow On Milk Ready to Drink – 2,448
7. Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup – 1,958
8. Cadburys Flake 4 pack – 1,840
9. Cadburys Crunchie 4 pack – 1,587
10. Bisto Gravy Granules – 1,576
1. Warburtons Crumpets 6 pack – 1,125
2. McVities Ginger Nuts – 1,114
3. Robinsons Orange Squash – 645
4. Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant Squash – 530
5. Aptamil Follow On Milk Ready to Drink – 473
6. Aptamil First Milk Ready to Drink – 468
7. Bisto Gravy Granule – 439
8. Paxo Stuffing Mix – 400
9. Rubicon Lychee Juice Drink – 361
10. Robinsons Squash’d Summer Fruits – 305
1.Heinz Baked Beans – 2,230
2. Milupa Aptamil First Milk Ready to Drink – 535
3. Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps 6 Pack – 443
4. Smiths Bacon Fries – 399
5. Smiths Scampi Fries – 351
6. Walkers Frazzles 8 pack – 307
7. Nestle Shreddies – 294
8. Mr Porky Prime Cut Scratchings Single Bag – 274
9. Heinz Oxtail Soup – 271
10. Walkers Prawn Cocktail Crisps 6 pack – 270
Source: British Corner Shop
‘Weirdly, many of our expats have baby milk on their minds, as well as the odd Brit-centric snacks and treats we seem to have a taste for here, like Frazzles, Jaffa Cakes and a good buttery crumpet.
‘It gives an interesting insight into the diet of the typical Brit, who when taken out of their natural habitat still craves Heinz baked beans, Robinsons squash and McVities ginger nuts.’
Meanwhile British Corner Shop also revealed some of the orders it has shipped to more unusual parts of the world.
One expat in the Philippines got in contact to fulfill their craving for Ambrosia, with an order of five milk chocolate custard pots and four strawberry rice pots.
Source: Read Full Article