The Radisson Hotel Group said it plans to open seven new hotels in Africa, contributing over 1,400 rooms to its portfolio on the continent. This new properties includes Radisson’s first in Gambia and introduces new brands to the key markets of Nigeria, Egypt and Kenya.
• The Radisson Collection Resort, Marsa Alam Port Phoenice, set to open in early 2025, introduces the Radisson Collection to Egypt. Located in Port Phoenice on the Red Sea, this resort will offer 294 rooms, including 20 suites.
• The 249-room Radisson Collection Hotel & Conference Center, Abuja will be the first luxury hotel in that Nigerian city and will further expand the Radisson Collection portfolio in the country. The hotel will be located next to the Presidential Palace in the Maitama District and will offer a dividable conference hall, five meetings rooms, a boardroom and a prefunction area.
• The Radisson Blu Beach Resort & Spa, Banjul is currently under construction and set to open in early 2025, the group’s first property in Gambia. The resort will offer large, contemporary rooms, presidential apartments, and royal villas, as well as five food and beverage outlets, a fitness and wellness center, and 3,025 square meters of meetings and events space.
• As the name suggests, the Radisson Blu Hotel Abuja CBD is scheduled to open in Abuja’s central business district in early 2025. The 104-room property will feature a stylish piano bar, an all-day dining restaurant, fitness and wellness facilities and more than 2,500 square feet of meetings and events space.
• Related: New luxury resorts open near Victoria Falls
• The newbuild Radisson RED Lagos VI will introduce Nigeria to the Radisson RED brand. The 62-room hotel, scheduled to open at the end of 2025, will be located in Victoria Island and will include a gym, pool and close to 2,700 square feet of flexible meetings and events space.
• The 200-room Radisson Hotel Nairobi Airport, scheduled to open mid-2027, will be the Group’s first Radisson-branded property in Kenya. In addition to easy access to JK Airport, the hotel will feature a lobby bar, an all-day-dining restaurant, a gym, spa, pool, retail unit, crew lounge and a sizable meetings and events area.
• The Radisson Hotel Algiers El Mouradia, the second Radisson hotel in Algeria, is expected to open mid-2026. Located in the sought-after El Mouradia district, the hotel will include an all-day dining and a signature restaurant, among other amenities.
Source: Read Full Article