British expats could get paid over £2,500 to move to Spain

Simon Calder offers travel baggage advice

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Dreaming of moving abroad but worried about how to afford it? There are a few beautiful European towns that will pay people to move there.


Spain is one of the UK’s top expat destinations and many Britons have made their home in the stunning country.

Across Spain, many small villages and towns are struggling with depopulation after young people decided to relocate to cities.

Local councils have decided to entice new residents with attractive financial offers in an effort to revitalise their towns.

Ponga in Asturias will pay families 3,000 euros (£2,622) to settle in the town with an additional 3,000 euros for each child born.

Rubia in Galicia will also pay new residents an extra 100-150 euros (£87-131) per month as an income supplement.

House prices are extremely cheap in these areas but new owners will often have to promise to renovate them.


Several Italian towns went viral for their one euro (87p) house deal as they tried to attract new residents.

But across Italy there are a few towns that will actually pay new residents to settle there.

Candela in stunning Apulia, earned the nickname ‘Little Italy’ for its idyllic and traditional way of life.

But as residents moved away to work in cities, the town fell upon hard times and is looking to attract new families.

Single people will receive 800 euros to move to the town while couples can pick up a whopping 1,200 euros.

To qualify people will need to apply for formal residency in Candela and must have a salary of at least 7,500 euros.


As one of Europe’s most expensive countries, expats might welcome a financial boost to move to Switzerland.

Anyone under the age of 45 could qualify for an incredible $25,000 (£21,000) to move to the remote village of Albinen.

Expats will need to commit to living in the town for 10 years and only Swiss residents will qualify for the bonus.

However anyone making the move will enjoy an idyllic lifestyle and some of the cleanest air in Europe.

British citizens will need to apply for a visa if they want to move to an EU country following Brexit.

Under Brexit rules, Britons can spend a maximum of 90 out of every 180 days within the Schengen Zone.

If they break the rules, Britons could face fines, overnight detention or even a travel ban in serious cases.

Britons must make sure their passport is stamped on entry and exit to the EU to keep record of their visit.

Source: Read Full Article