© Provided by AFPRelaxNews
Las Vegas McCarran International Airport
Las Vegas McCarran International Airport and Orlando International Airport have been rated the best North American airports, according to travelers in the latest J.D. Power survey.
In the 2018 edition of the North America Airport Satisfaction Study, these two airport hubs — both set in sunny climes — secured the highest marks to tie for first place.
Flyers were asked to rate airports on five factors: check-in; food, beverage and retail; accessibility; terminal facilities; and baggage claim.
Overall, passenger satisfaction with airports in North America reached an all-time high this year, with scores up 12 points from 2017 to 761 on a possible 1,000-point scale — this despite the record number of passenger volumes and major construction projects, notably in Boston, Los Angeles and Chicago, report authors note.
The improvement is attributed to a major spike in satisfaction with food, beverage, retail and security checks.
Of the five airport experiences, the check-in and baggage process received the highest scores, coinciding with the growing popularity of self-service kiosks and bag tagging.
The results are based on the responses of more than 40,180 North American flyers who traveled through at least one domestic airport in the last three months.
Here are the top airports in the “mega-hub” category:
1. Tie: Las Vegas McCarran International Airport and Orlando International Airport
2. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
3. Denver International Airport
4. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
5. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
6. Houston George Bush International Airport
7. Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport
8. Phoenix Sky Harbour International Airport
9. San Francisco International Airport
10. Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Source: Read Full Article