Sign up to the Chill newsletter for UK holiday inspiration
How would you like to win a fabulous prize from a £25,000 pot of getaway giveaways? Cast a vote in the UK’s 2022 holiday ‘Oscars’ and you’re in with a chance.
The British Travel Awards (known as the BTAs) are back after a pandemic hiatus in 2021 and the online public ballot – for what are regarded as the nation’s gold standard travel trade accolades – is now live and runs to October 2.
This is your opportunity to honour your favourite holiday brands as the benchmark awards recognise all that is great about travel – as experienced by you, the travelling consumer.
For 2022, and also taking in last year, there are 67 BTAs categories covering products and services experienced by customers when planning, booking and going on their hard-earned getaways.
Don’t worry if 67 sounds too much! You don’t have to vote in every category – dip in and out for as many or as few as you want, right up to the closing date on October 2.
To thank you for taking the time to join in the biggest consumer-voted programme in the UK, everyone who submits a vote is entered into a draw to win one of a bonanza of travel prizes, with a pot worth around £25,000 up for grabs.
Among those is a luxury seven-night cruise Rhine or Danube voyage for two people with Nicko Cruises, to the value of £5,000.
The prize is courtesy of Light Blue Travel ( lightbluetravel.co.uk ) and includes flights from London, meals, transfers, wi-fi, unlimited classic drinks, gratuities and selected shore excursions, with certain blackout dates.
BTAs’ Lorraine Barnes Burton said: “Winning a 2021/22 British Travel Award will be the ultimate accolade, achieved from customer votes relating to their travel experiences during unprecedented disruption in 2021 but hopefully also more settled times in 2022.”
The awards will be handed out at a glitzy gala night in London on November 29.
How it works
Register online at britishtravelawards.com and make a choice in as many of the 67 categories as you like.
You do not have to vote in them all – just opt for as many or as few as you wish and you can return to the form to make changes up to October 2. Full T&Cs are there too.
Look out on Twitter for updates at @BritTravAwrds #BTA2122 @TravelEdNigel.
See below for the full list of prizes up for grabs.
British Travel Awards Prizes:
- Nikco Cruises – An all-inclusive Rhine or Danube seven-night cruise. Worth: up to £5,000.
- Ionian & Aegean Holidays – Seven-night holiday for two – including flights and car hire Worth: £5,000
- Shearings – 5-day escorted Bruges: ‘Venice of the North’ coach tour by Shearings, the iconic escorted coach tours company, for two people to Belgium. Worth: £878
- Avis – A one-weeks car rental from Avis. Worth: around £500
- Silver Travel Advisor – £500 Holiday Voucher
- Solmar Villas – £2,000 voucher for use with Solmar Villas for a booking from their “exclusive villas” range only.
- Travelzoo – 2-night stay at The Cornwall Hotel & Spa. Worth: £335
- Alfa Travel – 5-Day holiday for 2 people at one of the twenty-one UK Leisureplex Hotels, includes UK coach travel with local joining point, half-board and two full day excursions.
- Silversea – Silversea's beautiful “celebration” hamper. Worth £250
- APH Hotel & Parking package – Enjoy a week’s parking with APH and a night’s stay on-airport before your flight. Worth: £300
- Cornish Gems – Win a 3-night stay, for four people, at Whipsy, Porth in an outstanding coastal apartment.
- Host & Stay – two-night stay at one of many charming UK holiday homes, up to the value of £1,000.
- James Villa Holidays – £2,000 gift card to be used on one of their 3000 villas in 60 locations.
- Luxury Coastal – £750 Luxury Coastal holiday voucher to be used on any holiday arriving on or before 31 December 2023.
- Railway Touring – £250 in vouchers for one lucky winner.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages – £500 holiday voucher
- Verdant Leisure – win a 7 night stay in a Deluxe Lodge accommodating four people.
- Post Office – £250 “One 4 All” high street voucher to spend in a variety of shops across most high streets
*Reach plc, with more than 130 national and regional news brands across both print and online including this website, is the official media partner of the 2022 BTAs.
- Holiday deals
Source: Read Full Article