It's no secret that holiday prices get hiked up during the school holiday dates , but that doesn't mean that there aren't ways for Brits to get more bang for their buck.
In fact, there are certain weeks during the school holidays that work out as the cheapest for some of Brits' favourite holiday destinations.
Skyscanner has done the hard work for holidaymaker and uncovered the best time to travel, with the weeks starting the 11th August and 18th August are the cheapest for Brits.
That's because the week of the 11th August proved the cheapest for destinations including Alicante and Palma in Spain, as well as Lisbon in Portugal.
For example, you can bag seven nights in Alicante from £366pp (based on a family of four), with flights departing from London Luton and a stay at the Holiday Home Alicante hotel .
Meanwhile the week of the 18th August was the cheapest for hotspots such as Marbella, Spain, and Toronto, Canada. Dubai also featured on the list although it's worth noting that it will be extremely hot if you do visit.
Thinking of a trip to Orlando? Then you may want to head during the week of the 4th August as this is the cheapest of the school holiday dates – although it is currently hurricane season so you may need to prepare for volatile weather.
For example, you can find seven-night holidays from £646pp for a family of four, with flights from Newcastle and a stay at the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort (sharing a family room).
Check out the cheapest weeks for some top summer holiday destinations below…
Cheapest weeks to travel
All prices below based on a seven-night holiday for a family of four, with flights and a hotel stay included.
- Alicante: w/c 11th August with an average cost of £1,707 (£426pp)
- Barcelona: w/c 4th August with an average cost of £1,664 (£416pp)
- Dubai: w/c 18th August with an average cost of £2,530 (£632pp)
- Palma: w/c 11th August with an average cost of £2,157 (£539pp)
- Lisbon: w/c 11th August with an average cost of £1,529 (£382pp)
- Los Angeles: w/c 25th August with an average cost of £3,285 (£821pp)
- Marbella: w/c 18th August with an average cost of £1,523 (£380pp)
- Orlando: w/c 4th August with an average cost of £3,651 (£912pp)
- Toronto: w/c 18th August with an average cost of £3,496 (£874pp)
Prices are subject to change and availability.
Source: Read Full Article