Regent Seven Seas Cruises® unveils 8 new enrichment experiences
Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, the leading luxury ocean cruise line, has unveiled a selection of eight new curated enrichment experiences that will be featured on its 2020 voyages. Culinary and wine enthusiasts, gardening and floral artists, Broadway fans, genealogy explorers, comedy buffs and Public Broadcasting viewers will delight in Regent’s 2020 Spotlight Collection. The Collection includes:
Spotlight on Public Broadcasting
· Commemorating the World Wars. (4 May, 2020. Lisbon to London. 14 Nights. Seven Seas Explorer®.) Regent welcomes on board producers of the four major PBS series on the histories of The Great War, World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War in honour of the anniversaries of these significant 20th century conflicts. Invited speakers are Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Lynn Novick (The War, The Vietnam War), Writer’s Guild Award-winner Stephen Ives (The Great War, The Civil War), award-winning producer/writer/director John Maggio (Korea: The Never-Ending War, Finding Your Roots), Stephanie Carter (Secrets of the Dead) and acclaimed filmmaker Ken Rosenberg (Bedlam). This Spotlight includes lecture presentations, cocktail parties, a special excursion to the Battlefields of Normandy and private dining events.
· The State of Journalism Around the World. (4 Aug, 2020. Rome to Monte Carlo. 10 Nights. Seven Seas Voyager®.) Join fascinating U.S. reporters as they discuss the state of journalism. PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff will provide a thorough, unbiased exploration of the Fourth Estate and the importance of press integrity during a complex geopolitical climate. Bloomberg’s Al Hunt will offer commentary on his long reporting career and analyse the elections and decisions facing Americans. Political analyst Charlie Cook will provide insight on the viability of each presidential candidate and forecast Congressional races. All presentations will be non-partisan and include the evolving role of the media in covering government. These presentations will be coupled with celebrations of arts, culture and history courtesy of filmmakers from PBS’ American Experience and American Masters.
· Hooray for Hollywood. (12 Oct, 2020. Los Angeles Round-trip. 10 Nights. Seven Seas Mariner®.) A focus on the greatest television and film productions in entertainment history will be presented by these Emmy Award-winning producers, acclaimed directors and beloved historians:
o Michael Kantor. Kantor is executive producer of acclaimed PBS series American Masters. An Emmy and Peabody Award-winning filmmaker, he oversees the brand’s films for theatrical release, the creation of the American Masters Podcast, and the television series that attracts millions of viewers each year. Kantor created PBS programs including Broadway: The American Musical (hosted by Julie Andrews), Make ‘Em Laugh (hosted by Billy Crystal) and Superheroes (hosted by Liev Schreiber).
o Steven Boggs. As Director of Global Guest Relations for the legendary Beverly Hills Hotel in California, Boggs has spent almost 30 years taking care of the rich and famous. His client list includes notables ranging from Lauren Bacall to Warren Buffet to Clive Davis. A Los Angeles native, Boggs is fascinated by the history of Los Angeles and Hollywood and has developed friendships with some of the people that helped create that history. He will explore the history of the Beverly Hills Hotel and the influence it had on the culture of Hollywood – and share his favourite celebrity anecdotes.
o David Lee. Nine-time Emmy Award-winning producer/director/writer (Cheers, The Jeffersons), Lee also co-wrote and co-produced Frasier, which won more Emmy awards than any other sitcom.
o William J. Mann. An American novelist, biographer, and Hollywood historian, Mann is best known for his studies of Hollywood and the American film industry, especially his 2006 biography of Katharine Hepburn, Kate: The Woman Who Was Hepburn.
o Jeffery Richman. Richman is a producer and writer, best known for television sitcoms Modern Family (2019), Frasier (1993) and Wings (1990).
Spotlight on Wine
· The World of Harlan Estate. (4 June, 2020. San Francisco to Vancouver, 13 Nights. Seven Seas Mariner®.) This Spotlight on California wines lets guests meet famous wine makers from the renowned Napa Valley region in Northern California and learn from their decades of experience. As one of the most sought-after Californian wines on the market, Harlan Estate has been described as “the ultimate cult winery,” with its limited availability and lofty status. In addition to the estate wine, Harlan produces The Maiden, Bond, Promontory and The Mascot. This Spotlight will explore the world of food and wine with special tastings, unique dining experiences and enlightening lectures. Private dinners and cocktail receptions allow for one-on-one conversations during the voyage. Amanda Harlan and Will Harlan — the next generation of the founder and owner of the Harlan Family Domain — will be featured lecturers for this voyage along with Phillip Norfleet, Director of Napa Valley Reserve. Special wine-paring dinners will be held in Prime 7 and in Chartreuse.
A unique Napa Valley pre-cruise experience is offered for guests prior to embarking. The experience includes access to the Harlan Family Domain and the five-star Meadowood Resort, plus a special tour of the Auction Napa Valley and the exclusive Napa Valley Reserve. The program includes gourmet dinners and wine parings from each Harlan venue (Meadowood/ Promontory/ Napa Valley Reserve) with access to Napa Valley wine makers and historians. Guests will be treated to special blending sessions for wines that will be featured at tastings on board the ship. The pre-cruise package price is AU$5,810 per guest.
· Trinchero Family Estates. (14 August, 2020. Monte Carlo to Barcelona. 7 Nights. Seven Seas Voyager®.) This voyage’s guest lecturer is Barry Wiss, Vice President of Trinchero Family Estates. With a career spanning more than 25 years in the hospitality and wine industries, Mr. Wiss is a Certified Wine Educator, Certified Sommelier and Certified Specialist of Spirits. He has also been awarded Advanced Level Certification with the Wine and Spirits Education Trust and served as President of the Society of Wine Educators. The voyage will feature the Signature, Neyers and Folie a Deux wine collections.
Spotlight on Broadway. (14 June, 2020, Venice to Venice. 10 Nights. Seven Seas Voyager®.) Hosted by acclaimed SiriusXM radio host, Seth Rudetsky. Rudetsky has worked for more than 20 years on Broadway as an actor, writer, pianist and conductor, and wrote the opening numbers for the 1998 and 2000 Tony Awards. He’s been in the orchestra for more than a dozen Broadway shows including Les Misérables, The Producers and Phantom of the Opera, and his album of Hair starring Jennifer Hudson was nominated for a Grammy Award. Guests will experience stellar concerts starring Rudetsky and some of his favourite Broadway stars as they perform hit songs from the Great White Way. Audiences will also hear hilarious inside stories about performing on Broadway and at the Tony Awards. See more details here. In addition to Rudetsky, this voyage features:
· Stephanie J. Block. Block starred as Cher in The Cher Show for which she received her first Tony Award in 2019 for Best Leading Actress in a Musical. She was also Tony-nominated for her critically lauded performance as Trina in the acclaimed revival of Falsettos. Block has sung “Defying Gravity” hundreds of times as she toured North America and starred on Broadway as Elphaba in Wicked.
· Sebastian Arcelus. Arcelus is best known for his roles as Lucas Goodwin in the Netflix series House of Cards and as Jay Whitman in the CBS series Madam Secretary. He enjoyed a successful career on Broadway, debuting in Rent and playing Fiyero on the first national tour of Wicked.
· Cheyenne Jackson. Among his many TV credits are Behind the Candelabra, 30 Rock, Glee and Curb Your Enthusiasm. A veteran of the theatre, Jackson most recently starred in Into the Woods at the Hollywood Bowl, The Secret Garden at Lincoln Center, and The Most Happy Fella. Broadway credits include The Performers, Finian’s Rainbow, Xanadu, All Shook Up, Aida, and Thoroughly Modern Millie.
Spotlight on Floristry & Garden. (6 July, 2020. Monte Carlo to Barcelona. 10 Nights. Seven Seas Voyager®.) Join Floral Expert and Artist Joseph Massie and learn new floral artistry techniques in onboard master classes, plus discover centuries-old botanical gardens on exclusive-themed shore excursions. Frequently referred to by the media as ‘the floral artist of his generation’, Massie is widely regarded as one of the world’s top artists working with flora. He won 17 national and international competitions and awards, including five consecutive Royal Horticultural Society Gold Medals – and four Best in Show awards – at the world renown Royal Horticultural Society Chelsea Flower Show (‘09/’10/’11/’12/’13). Massie is the youngest person ever to achieve this feat.
Spotlight on Heritage. (24 June, 2020. Venice to Monte Carlo. 12 Nights. Seven Seas Voyager®.) This special journey with AncestryProGenealogists® provides guests with the opportunity to retrace their roots on a journey to Southern Italy. On this voyage visit hometown ports along the southern coast of Italy — Corato, Lecce and Crotone — and learn about the destinations’ history and hear personal stories from the Senior Officers of Seven Seas Voyager: Captain Felice Patruno, Staff Captain Luciano Montesanto and First Navigation Officer Amadis Saraceno. Guest lecturers will include Kyle Betit, a founder of AncestryProGenealogists®, whose research interests include immigration, DNA and genetic genealogy. Mr. Betit has appeared on the “Who Do You Think You Are?” television program. A special three-day, two-night overland program, “Southern Sicilian Medley,” explores several UNESCO World Heritages sites, including Baroque-style villages in southern Sicily and archaeological treasures on the journey from Syracuse to Porto Empedocle, 30 June – 2 July, 2020.
“Our guests will enjoy immersive and engaging experiences both in the spectacular destinations they visit during their voyages and in the enriching programs we offer on board,” said Jason Montague, president and chief executive officer of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “From history and performing arts to gardening and the culinary arts, we invite luxury travelers to explore their passions with these classes, lectures and other unique engagements. Our Spotlight Collection demonstrates more reasons why Regent offers an unrivaled experience.”
In addition to the 2020 Spotlight Collection, the 16 November, 2019 Spotlight on Public Broadcasting voyage has limited availability remaining:
• 16 November, 2019. Dubai to Singapore. 20 Nights. Seven Seas Voyager. This sailing showcases acclaimed and award-winning PBS journalists and filmmakers including:
o Marcela Gaviria; a five-time Emmy Award-winning producer for Frontline, PBS’s flagship current affairs series;
o Martin Smith; a Frontline senior producer responsible for documentaries, and the recipient of every major award in broadcast journalism (The Madoff Affair, Money, Power and Wall Street, WikiSecrets);
o Phil Bertelsen; an Emmy-winning fiction and non-fiction filmmaker (Finding Your Roots, The African Americans, Madam Secretary, Great Performances);
o Barak Goodman; who has directed, produced and written 25 films, including the Emmy nominees Cancer: The Emperor of all Maladies and Oklahoma City as well as the new production Woodstock, celebrating the 50th anniversary of a cultural milestone;
o Rachel Dretzin; an award-winning filmmaker and Frontline documentary producer who focuses on films that critically explore contemporary American life and culture (Far from the Tree).
o David Lee; Nine-time Emmy Award-winning producer/director/writer (Cheers, The Jeffersons, Frasier).
o Robert Lee; a multi-award winning, Oscar- and Emmy-nominated documentary filmmaker, best known for Radio Bikini, which earned him an Oscar nomination, and for this year’s highly acclaimed six-hour epic documentary on the space race for PBS/American Experience, Chasing the Moon.
About Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Regent Seven Seas Cruises offers an unrivalled experience to luxury travellers. The cruise line’s modern four-ship fleet — Seven Seas Explorer®, Seven Seas Mariner®, Seven Seas Navigator® and Seven Seas Voyager® — sails to more than 450 iconic and immersive destinations around the world and reflects US$150 million in stunning refurbishments over the past three years. Regent will add Seven Seas Splendor™ in 2020 as the fleet’s fifth ship and then grow by a sixth ship in 2023. All luxuries are included in Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyages, such as all-suite accommodation, the largest collection of unlimited shore excursions, unlimited internet access, highly personalised service, exquisite cuisine, fine wines and spirits, pre-paid gratuities, transfer between hotel and ship and one-night, pre-cruise hotel packages for guests staying in Concierge-level suites and higher.
To learn more, please visit www.RSSC.com, call 1300 455 200 (AU) or 0800 625 692 (NZ) or contact your preferred travel agent to enquire about specific Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyages.
Source: Read Full Article