© Provided by AFPRelaxNews
A new list ranks the most pet-friendly airports in the US.
With pet bathrooms, fire hydrant replicas, and 24/7 on-site animal and veterinary care, New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport has emerged the leader in a list of the most pet-friendly airports in the US.
Flyers who travel with pets may be interested in the ranking compiled by travel rewards company UpgradedPoints.com, which reveals the airports that make traveling with canine and feline friends more stress-free than others.
The findings are particularly pertinent during a year in which major US airlines like United and Delta tightened regulations on the carriage of emotional support animals following a dramatic rise in in-flight incidents.
While federal regulations require that airports serving more than 10,000 passengers a year provide pet relief stations, the report highlights airports that go above and beyond basic regulations.
Many of the top-ranked airports feature real grass over the fake stuff, for example, faux fire hydrants, and ample space for pets to run and play.
Along with a 4,000-square-foot outdoor garden patio known as the “wooftop,” JFK also has a 1,000-square foot grassy area designed specifically for the relaxation of pets.
Here are the top pet-friendly airports:
1. John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): 10
2. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): 9.5
3. Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX): 9
4. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): 8.5
5. Minneapolis St.Paul International Airport (MSP): 8.25
6. Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS): 7.75
7. Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO): 7.5
8. Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL): 7.25
9. Denver International Airport (DEN): 7
10. Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW): 6.75
Source: Read Full Article